Club Rules and Constitution
1) The name of the club shall be ‘Watford Joggers’ hereafter referred to as the 'Club’.
2) The objectives of the Club are the promotion and encouragement of running, jogging and walking for fitness, health and pleasure.
3) The Club shall affiliate to England Athletics,the Hertfordshire Association of Athletic and Running Clubs and the South of England Athletic Association.
4) The Club’s colours shall be red and white quartered vest and red shorts.
5) Membership to the Club will be open to anyone aged 18 and over observing the Club’s Rules and Constitution. Members will be admitted as full members with voting rights. Full members may take our Family Membership for their spouse/partner, on payment of an additional fee per person.
6) The category of Associate Member will be granted at the Management Committee’s discretion to any Club member who makes no use of the facilities provided by our host club and reviewed annually.
7) Members may be awarded the distinction of Life Membership in recognition of special services rendered to the Club. This category of membership is free of any subscription (excluding our host club) and shall be awarded by members at the AGM.
8) The Club’s management shall be vested in a Management Committee consisting of the following officers:
Up to four Club members plus any co-opted members
The Management Committee can, if requested, appoint a President at the recommendation of the Committee, subject to election at an AGM. A President will have full voting rights.
The Management Committee will appoint at least two Welfare Officers, one male and one female who will be responsible for the Club's compliance with UKA Welfare Policy. There is no requirement for the Welfare Officers themselves to be members of the Management Committee.
Both Welfare Officers will be DBS checked. They will be the first point of contact for all matters of Safeguarding, Disciplinary Rules & Resolution and Welfare Guidance and are to be identifiable to all current members and those joining the Club as such.
The Welfare Officers will report to the Management Committee unless there are matters involving confidentiality in which case the Welfare Officers will use the established methods for dealing with this as detailed in the UKA Welfare Policy.
9) The Management Committee shall, as far as possible, be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Any Officer not elected shall be appointed at the discretion of the elected members of the Management Committee as soon as possible.
10) A quorum of the Management Committee shall consist of (at least) one half of the Committee’s number. The Club shall hold a minimum of three Committee meetings per calendar year.
11) Any member of the Management Committee who fails to attend three consecutive committee meetings without giving good reason for their absence shall be deemed by the Management Committee to no longer remain a member of the committee.
12) The Management Committee shall have power to co-opt additional members. The Management Committee has the power to use its discretion to settle disputes, violations of the Club’s rules or any misconduct of any member, and to expel any members whose offence is considered to warrant such action.
13) The Committee may deal with any other matter not provided for in these rules and its decision shall be binding unless rescinded by a voting majority present at a Special General Meeting (SGM).
14) The Club’s financial year shall commence on 1st February.
15) The annual subscription rate for members shall be determined at the AGM and the subscription will become due immediately thereafter. Members reaching the age of 70 will remain members of the Club without payment of any subscription.
16) The Management Committee shall have the power to expel any member whose subscription falls more than one year in arrears, in accordance with the current UK Athletics Rules of Competition.
17) Members wishing to resign from the Club shall give written notice to the Membership Secretary and settle all unpaid debts up to the date of such notice.
18) The Club’s Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon as possible after the end of the Club’s financial year. The business of the Annual General Meeting shall be:
To receive reports and a financial statement for the previous year
To elect Officers for the ensuing year
To consider proposed additions or alterations to the Club’s existing rules
To consider any other business
19) The Secretary may call a Special General Meeting within 21 days of a written request being received. The request shall be supported in writing and signed by at least 15 fully paid up members.
20) Where voting is necessary at any General Meeting on any resolution, each fully paid up member present shall have one vote. In the event of a tie, the Chairperson of the meeting shall have the casting vote.
21) No part of the Club’s Constitution may be deleted, altered or added to except by a ballot of members at an AGM or SGM. To delete, alter or add to any part of the Club’s Constitution will require a two-thirds (2/3) majority of the fully paid up members present at an AGM or SGM.
22) If a proposition is made at an AGM or SGM for dissolution or merger or formal association with any other club, such a proposition will require a majority of at least two-thirds (2/3) of the fully paid up membership of the Club present to carry this motion.
Club Equality Statement
The Club is committed to ensuring that equality is incorporated across all aspects of its activity.
The Club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
The Club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
All Club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
The Club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to Club disciplinary procedures.